For every eBook title, two files should be uploaded:
- one complete Interior EPUB (formatted as .epub)
- one complete front cover (formatted as .jpeg or .jpg)
Checklist for eBook File Requirements
- Size: 100MB or less. (Please note, while IngramSpark and retail sites can accept 100MB files, the IDPF Validator cannot check files over 10MB due to the amount of time it would take.)
- Format: EPUB 2 or 3 (flowable text). We accept fixed layout, but books with a fixed format will only be available to Apple and Kobo.
- No single image inside an EPUB can be greater than 4 million pixels. (Total pixels = length in pixels x width in pixels).
- Include an internal cover image. This should be formatted the same size of, and as part of your interior. (For use within the book content.)
- Be sure the metadata entered in IngramSpark matches the information on the cover. For example, if the cover title is Paradiso, but the metadata is for Purgatorio, then the items do not match.
- There should not be any reference to page numbers in the book. This includes the Table of Contents. Your eBook will never look just like your print book. E-readers are limited in the way they display content and your book will appear different from device to device.
Book Cover Layout Files
- File must contain front cover only. Full spread print book jackets that include spine and back cover will be rejected.
- Format: Must be a JPG File
- Size: 2560 pixels on longest side. Minimum 1600 pixels on shortest side.
- Color: All front covers must be RGB.
- The content of the cover images must not infringe on another publisher’s or artist’s copyright on the same cover